Pump Aid works with many partners both in the UK and internationally. We believe it is important to work with organisations that will compliment the work of Pump Aid. By working with partners we are able to maximise the efficiency of the funding that we receive.
Pump Aid’s partnerships with companies are quite diverse. We are very proud of our corporate partners and they are very important to us. Here are some examples from our current supporters and we are always enjoy discussing new ideas.
- You can support us through donating an amount per product sold. This can be through one product or a range of products.
- You can support us through ‘adopting’ a single pump project from your company profits
- Your company can adopt Pump Aid as the company’s charity of choice, indefinitely, or for a fixed period. Some companies have a charity committee and staff on the committee decide what projects to support.
- Company staff can raise funds through organising events, doing challenges or participating in sporting events. We are able to work with staff to help make this a success. Many companies match the amount raised by their staff so that the benefit to the charity is doubled.
- A department can do a Three Peaks climb as a team building experience and get sponsored by colleagues, friends and family members on the way.
- Many companies like for their staff to actively volunteer in charities and support their staff by freeing-up time. Our projects are in Africa, but that doesn’t mean staff can’t help us. Please contact us to go through the options.
- A company can sponsor us through a specific event, such as a concert, a company sports day or sponsoring a table at a fundraising event.
- A company that uses water in its production processes can offset the amount of water used through helping people in Africa with access to an equal amount of clean and safe water. We can help you with the calculations.
- A company that is active in the wastewater industry might want to support a charity that is active in sanitation in a developing country. Look no further and contact us.
- A media editor can do an editorial article on water and Pump Aid.
- A company can sponsor a Pump Aid staff member to attend a water conference so we can help spread knowledge and data.
Of course there are many more activities that your company can sponsor.
We are always developing new resources, such as schools lesson packs, video material and other materials that help us create awareness. If you have ideas to help us, please contact us.
If your business would like to fundraise for Pump Aid, please read the documents below and send the completed ‘Application to Fundraise’ to firstname.lastname@example.org or 7 Curzon Street, Ground floor East, London, W1J 5HG.
Examples of longstanding corporate partnerships:
Governments have policies to support developing countries and most governments have funding programmes to help them reach the millennium development goals. Organisations like Pump Aid help the governments of Malawi, Zimbabwe and Liberia to help people with access to clean water and sanitation. Over the years we have had support from a range of governmental funding sources, sometimes alone or sometimes in collaboration with other implementing partners.
DFID - Pump Aid works in partnership with DFID (Department for International Development), a branch of the UK government which works in the field of international development. Two grants totalling £25,000 were enough for installation of Elephants Pumps at 50 rural schools plus other pumps in the nearby villages benefiting over 30,000 people. The partnership with DFID is helping Pump Aid to build its capacity in order to expand the Elephant Pump to new regions.
Jersey Overseas Aid Committee (JOAC)
Isle of Man Overseas Aid Committee
Pump Aid works with many partners in the field and believes it is vital to do so in order to reach as many people as possible.
The international aid organisations CAFOD and CARE have called on Pump Aid to assist with their water and sanitation programme mainly in the dry province of Masvingo in Zimbabwe.
If you represent an NGO looking to join forces with Pump Aid please contact our London Office for more information.
We are enormously grateful to the many trusts and foundations that are supporting our work now, or have in the past. We can assist you with your due diligence and answer any questions about our work, teams, capacity, finances and our plans. We will be transparent and honest in our approach and take the reporting of the effects of your donations as serious as the funding application process itself.
Pump Aid has a number of generous business supporters that contribute towards providing clean water and adequate sanitation in rural Africa.